3 Hosting Tips to Elevate Your Airbnb
Ready to provide more for your guests without investing in high-ticket upgrades or time-consuming projects?
We want to help you improve your hospitality game. Because when you list your home to travelers, you’re not just providing four walls and a roof, you’re giving guests an experience.
It doesn’t take much to go the extra mile, and the payoff can be huge—better reviews, higher occupancy, and more demand. Talk about being the host with the most!
So, let’s look at a few easy improvements you can make today.
Provide Helpful Information
Put yourself in your guest’s shoes. Consider what type of information you would like to have upon arriving and provide it in an obvious place.
- Start by providing a 3-ring binder with the House Rules, a breakdown of amenities, any troubleshooting tips, the WiFi network and password, emergency numbers, check-out instructions, and anything else that your guests may look for upon arriving.
*Need an easy-to-use template to set up your welcome binder? Visit Canva.com for free design templates.
Then Fill it with Extras
- Offer a map of the town and any area hiking trails.
- Provide local guides, such as dates and locations to your local farmer’s market or information on upcoming events.
- Include travel guides and brochures – You can often get these from your local community commerce. In our area, we offer information for our amusement park, Silverwood, as well as brochures for boat rentals, Segway tours, and ziplining.
- Add take-out and delivery menus from local restaurants.
- Provide community magazines, often found for free at local grocery stores.
Maximize Available Storage Space
You don’t have to knock down walls to expand your guest’s space. By clearing out a few available spaces, you can assure guests have plenty of room to stash their luggage, store their belongings, and spread their legs.
- Make sure closets are free of clutter with at least a few empty hangers (matching wood or plastic hangers look best).
- Check that all dresser drawers are clear of any unneeded materials. If you are going to store spare blankets and sheets, make sure they don’t occupy the majority of the drawer space. It is also a good idea to check each drawer between visits. If a previous guest left behind a garment, it is better if you find it than if the next guest does.
- Provide a designated place for coats and shoes upon entering the property for instant comfort!
Feature an Amenity that Oozes Hospitality
You don’t have to go lux to provide your guests with a great experience. With a little creativity, you can use the space and amenities you already have as a place to build long-lasting memories.
- If you have a fire pit in the backyard, circle it with Adirondack chairs and offer s’more sticks. You may even want to stock the cupboard with graham crackers and marshmallows or put them in a lovely basket as a welcome surprise.
- If your property is waterfront, stack beach towels and sand toys by the back door.
- Don’t have any amenities? Invest in something simple but fun like cornhole, croquette, or bocce ball.
- Set up a coffee corner with a coffee pot, grinder, matching mugs, and several glass bowls containing creamer cups and sweetener packets.
You don’t have to spend a fortune making your guests comfortable. By investing a little time into their experience before they arrive, you can increase your chances for happy guests, better reviews, and repeat visitors!
If you love giving your guests a world-class experience but don’t want to manage your listing, your marketing, your pricing, and even your noise monitoring, we have services for that.
Vacation Rental Authority offers the best in marketing and pricing strategies for your Coeur d'Alene rental while giving you a local touch.
With our Advanced Marketing package, you will find your vacation rental listed on all the big websites that guests use to book vacation homes in our area. Airbnb, VRBO, Google listings, and the #1 vacation listing website in our area, Vacation Rental Authority!
We also offer Dynamic Pricing options, a powerful tool to help you get the most out of each booking, as well as non-invasive Noise Monitoring to help protect your property.
And, of course, if you love owning a vacation rental but are interested in our full-service management and care, we have that too.
Want more information? Email us at [email protected] or CLICK HERE for our contact form!